9 September, 2020
A medical state of emergency is in force until 10 October, 2020. However, from 6 September, it is possible for foreign nationals (i.e. not Moroccan citizen or resident) with a confirmed hotel reservation to enter Morocco on presentation of said reservation.
It is necessary to comply with all regular entry requirements, visa formalities etc and crucially, it is mandatory for all persons entering Moroccan territory to take a COVID-19 screening test with negative results delivered in the 48 hours prior to arrival in Morocco.
For the latest news on Morocco, visit H24info or Morocco World News.
In the meantime, the Dar Zaman team is here to help and answer any questions you may have.
Increased Hygiene Protocols
When we are again able to welcome guests, our number one priority will be the well-being, health and safety of our guests and team members.
The Moroccan Ministry of Tourism, in consultation with the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), has developed guidelines that all tourist establishments will be required to adhere to in the coming months.
Those measures include:
- Disinfectant mat at the entrance to the property
- Compulsory disinfection of baggage at the time of check-in
- Social distancing in public areas
Trained and supervised staff
- Daily monitoring of staff temperatures
- Increased focus on hand hygiene – staff will wash hands at least once every hour
- Staff will be provided with protective equipment for individual use: masks, visors, hydro-alcoholic gels; uniforms will be disinfected daily.
- Observance of the procedures for dealing with colleagues or guests should they fall ill
Use and free distribution of preventative materials
- Disposable masks will be available for guests
- Dispensers for hydro-alcoholic solution will be available in public areas
Cleaning and disinfection of bedrooms and public areas
- Rooms will be entirely disinfected upon the departure of each guest
- Rooms will be left empty for a window of 24 hours between departing and newly arriving guests
- Regular disinfection of exposed surfaces such as door handles, light switches, worktops, toilet flush buttons, bedside tables and stair railings
Enhanced Food Safety
- All staff preparing or serving food have a Health Card (requires annual health check) as standard procedure
- Our kitchen staff will wear a disposable mask, visor and gloves when preparing food
- Separate designated dining areas will be allocated to guests for the duration of their stay – roof terrace, courtyard, dining room, salon – mealtimes will essentially become “private dining” and stress-free
Secure Airport Transfers
- The transport company we partner with for airport transfers and excursions adheres strictly to the new protocols – drivers have been trained and vehicles are disinfected after each journey
With safety as our main priority we will take every precaution in order for our guests to feel safe when staying or visiting our guesthouse. And we promise that you will still have a fabulous stay and be able to enjoy the magic of Dar Zaman!
Stay happy and safe!
Dar Zaman team
This information is valid until further notice and may be updated.